A quick paint job on the walkways and stairs got them nearly finished. The photos were taken before I nuke-proofed them with Halfords Car Lacquer then matted it down with Army Painter Matt varnish spray. After that, I’ll add some smears of blood in a few places and gloss varnish the green pools to make them look wet again.
I kept the catwalk bases clear so they’d be easier to game on when figures are moving below.
I bought a few spare Deadzone scenery sprues from eBay because I wanted to add some extra walkways to the table. I wasn’t sure at first how to keep the walkways separate from the scenery. I needed something that would slip easily into the scenery storage box and at the same time give a load of options in game.
Anyway, I came up with the ones below. I’ll spray them and paint them today (fingers crossed for time)
Here ends a week off work. 😦
I managed to finish off the Deadzone Ruins from the Contagion boxed set.
And then glued together most of the Iron Ancestor model. The arms are blue tacked on as I’ll paint them separately and glue them on in the end. Same with the base. I’ll paint it up then add the model to it.
I have managed to paint all 15 movement trays and cut the rubber steel sheet to fit them all. I just need to have time to add flock and static grass, then seal with varnish(es) before sticking in the rubber steel sheets.
Not the US celebration, but the film. My lad watched it last night and while he did, I got some hobby time. 🙂
I cleaned up a Forge Father Iron Ancestor ready for construction and glued some sand/stones to the last batch of mdf movement trays I had. I”ll clean the edges up and add a coat of watered down pva tomorrow, let them dry again and then paint up. They’ll eventually get rubber metal bases so they work with the magnetized models I have.
I also managed to take a pic of the Rebel Strider in the light box – although I’m not convinced the photo came out any better than the ones on the paint table with a mobile phone.
Iron Ancestor ready for building:
Movement trays drying:
I tried a painting scheme for one of the Forge Father forge guard models. My aim was to get something that can be sprayed and finished in about 30 mins. It’s still not quite was I was looking for. When stood with the colour schemes of the Enforcers, Plague and Marauders, it looks pretty good. I had to get schemes so they all looked very different.
Anyway, first trial pics below:
The plan was to have Blue for the forge guard and orange on the Brokkrs so they contrast well together.
A week off work. 🙂
I spent part of Sunday building and base-coating the last of the Strider models I had. This one is for the Rebel Deadzone force. I had a couple of hours Monday evening painting and nearly have it finished.
Pics of the work in progress are shown below.
Strider built – Even after cutting as many mold lines off, you still find more. 😦
I tried to build it so it looked like it was moving fast – the other 2 I built looked very stationary.
Basecoated with Army Painter spray Gun Metal.
Some base layers painted on – prior to any washes.
Now washed with some more base layers on.
Nearly complete. I just need to get out when the weather is better to varnish spray it to protect it, then a layer of matte varnish spray. I’ll then re-do the Gloss canopy and get some wet blood onto the chainsaw. When I do, I’ll take some better photos.
I’ve hardly had time to do any painting or work on minis for weeks now. Last night I did get chance to sit down in front of the TV and build some figures though. I built up 3 boxes of Deadzone figures. All Forgefathers. The Forgeguard booster, the Brokkr booster and the Support booster. That gave me all the figures from the card set except for the Warpath Huscarl figure and the Iron Ancestor.
I’ve decided to go with the same orange colour for the Brokkrs that mantic went with, but to give a good complimentary colour to them, I went with a bright blue armour for the Forgeguard. This should fit nicely with my other Deadzone as the Plague are primarily pink/brown/black combo, then Enforcers are Red/grey and the marauders will be brown/Black/Green. It means on the game board, the figures will be easily identifiable.
Anyway, all I’ve managed so far was base coat spraying them. I have the smaller Frag-ram and one forgeguard being painted for a test so they’re not in the photo.
They’ll get finished one day….