Tag Archives: Orcs

Time for a few photos

I finished off the 2nd chariot and got round to taking a few photos of the completed unit. That’s another unit ready for my Orcs in Kings of War. As I said in an earlier post, I was miffed that the new rules for Kings of War had moved to units of 3 chariots instead of 1’s. I can’t get 3 to fit together because of the wheel spikes so I added the “mechanic” from a pile of parts I had.

While I had the camera out, I also took a photo of the extra 3 werewolves I painted up a few months ago to make the unit of werewolves into a unit of 6 for my Undead army.

I’m now putting together and trying out a few paint jobs on some US Infantry for Bolt Action. I’ll post some photos when I have some finished.

Chariot Unit of 3:


Werewolf unit of 6:

Chariot Unit (Part 2)

Still a work in progress.

I had a bank holiday Monday to do a little more work on the chariot unit.

I managed to paint up and finish the Chariot section. I found this hard work as the chariot on the left was painted in 2001 and 14 years off is a while to remember how it was done and what colours were needed to get a close match.

The “mechanic” with the spare wheels is finished too. 🙂

Chariot Unit

I only had 1 chariot painted up (painted back in 2001) so I was a little disappointed to find that the new Kings of War version 2 rules had a requirement of having chariots in units of 3 or 6.

So I trawled back through my old “to build” and “bits” boxes and found the sprues for a chariot which had come in the Warhammer box set from around 2000. I didn’t have a third, but realised that I’d never get 3 to sit flush together because of the large spikes coming out of their wheels. So, I decided to use a few bits to make a chariot base that had a goblin on a squig carrying a spare wheel for the chariots.

I’ve not finished painting them yet, but here’s a couple of work in progress photos. I did manage to finish off the magnetic movement tray for them though.

The start of 2015..

Starting the first day of the new year not hung over was a first in over 20 years. Getting up at an early hour and painting while the rest of the family slept in was also rather novel.

I’ve managed to paint the last 5 old metal Black Orcs I had to make a unit of 20. These will count as my Orc Morax regiment in Kings of War. I’ve also made a few spare magnetic movement trays and put 10 old GW plastic mono-pose orcs that were painted together that can count as an Orc Ax troop. Not a great deal of painting I suppose, but it feels like I’ve gained 2 more complete units for the Orc army.

I’ve also decided to keep track of models painted vs models bought. Currently I’m winning 5-0. 🙂

Pics below: