I had an evening to play around with some basing bits and (nearly) finish off a Bolt Action US M1 57mm AT Artillery Gun. I’ve still got the 3 crew to paint.
I decided on basing the gun alone (it can stay in game even if the crew are removed). It fit quite nicely on a 50mm by 100mm piece of 3mm thick mdf – which is the same size as the chariot bases I was using for Kings of War.
I’ve never used model barbed wire or clump foliage before so next time I use either, things will hopefully be better – I learned a few pitfalls to avoid and mistakes that make me cringe a little when I see the model now.
Anyway, here’s a photo of the gun on kitchen paper on the paint table still. Mobile camera for the photo. 😦
And for the record…. Even a slight coat of anti-shine matte varnish kills the nice lumpy effect weathering powder had on the wheels and turned it smooth – even though I used very little varnish and the powder had been set with Isopropanol. All a learning curve for me 🙂